Diploma in Pharmacy is a technicality based entry-level diploma course. It is 2 years long and suitable for candidates who wish to pursue a long term career in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, starting in entry-level positions.
It is designed to familiarize candidates with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science. D Pharm Syllabus is curated to prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge.
This course examines other ethical topics such as the distribution of scarce resources, the use of stem cells, the role of genetic testing and issues of human cloning.
Why D Pharmacy
D.Pharmacy as a course has its own set of advantages as well as opportunities that provides an edge over other job scopes and roles. Some of the basic reasons for pursue D.Pharm courses are,
- Social Responsibility: Pharmacists play an important role in the society as they define the health care sector. They contribute towards the health and welfare of the people of a society
- Career Options: Pharmacists can work in organizations such as Hospitals, Nursing homes, Colleges and the medical industry as a whole
- Career Growth: Healthcare is an ever growing and non static career. Candidates in healthcare career have a vast opportunity in terms of growth and development
- Flexibility: Since it is a 24*7 job, one can opt from working for either a day shift or a night shift.
When to do an D Pharmacy
There is no perfect time to pursue a D.Pharmacy course, Students who want to enter the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry can pursue D.Pharmacy courses, as they won’t be allowed to enter this industry without a proper degree and knowledge. Due to the incentive and high package it is a very lucrative study course for students
D Pharmacy Curriculum
The following section highlights the D Pharmacy course curriculum. Candidates can check the year wise syllabus and subjects that are taught in the D Pharmacy course.
D Pharmacy Admission Process
Students who wish to pursue a Diploma in Pharmacy course must fulfil the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- 10% relaxation in marks will be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer), differently abled, and other categories.
D Pharmacy Admission 2021
Admission to the course is usually based on the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam. Some of the major entrance exams conducted for this purpose are GPAT, AU AIMEE etc. Some colleges also offer admission on merit basis
Merit Based Admission
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you wish to seek admission into.
- Get a good score in Class 12 exams.
- In due course of time, colleges release their merit lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
The guide to apply for entrance exam based admission is as follows.
- Registration: Candidates have to register themselves online by visiting the official website of the conducting body.
- Filling up of Application Form: Fill up the application form with all necessary details with care.
- Upload documents: Scan and upload all required documents like mark sheets. Documents need to be uploaded in a specific format only, as specified by the institute’s application portal.
- Application fee: Pay the requisite amount of application fee
- Download admit card: Admit cards are released once all applicants are judged for eligibility. The admit card must be downloaded and printed out to be used on the day of the examination.
- Examination: Prepare for the exam as per the syllabus and past papers. Appear for the examination on the date announced.
- Results: Results are announced after a couple of weeks of the exam day. If a candidate is successful in qualifying the entrance examinations, they can move on to the next round.
- Counseling and admission: Counselling is held for students who have cleared the entrance examinations. The student can now take admission in the D Pharma course.
D Pharmacy Without Entrance
D.Pharmacy courses are generally pursued, once candidates sit for their entrance examinations and get good scores in those exams. However certain colleges permit entrance to D.Pharmacy colleges on the basis of merit.
Below is mentioned some of the key steps for candidates who want to enroll themselves for D.Pharmacy course on the basis of merit,
- Submit application to the colleges/universities you seek to take admission in
- You must have a good score, preferably 50% and above in Class 12th with science stream
- Participation or having certificates in various extracurricular activities may add extra points in the scorecard of the candidates.
- When the colleges publish the list of names of selected candidates, you can check if you have been selected for the course
- If you are selected, submit all necessary documents and take admission
D Pharmacy Jobs
D.Pharmacy is a diverse course that offers a lot of scope for candidates pursuing it. Candidates after completing a degree in Pharmacy do have a wide scope of job opportunities such as Pharmacists, Production Executive, Analytical Chemists etc.
Following are some of the some of the areas where D Pharma graduates can work:
- Pharmaceutical Firms
- Sales and Marketing Department
- Research Agencies
- Food and Drug Administration
- Government hospitals
- Community health centres
D Pharmacy Scope
After completing D Pharmacy, there awaits numerous scope for candidates, in both the academic and well as job fields. You can pursue them according to your favours and likings,
- For higher studies you can pursue Bachelor in Pharmacy or 2nd year B.Pharm if you have completed PharmD
- You can secure job at a drugstore at various private and government hospitals
- You can become an entrepreneur by opening your own pharmacy store, or retail or wholesale
- Top D.Pharm recruiting areas are health centres, drug control administration or medical dispensing stores